We are often asked how often should you get your ducted heating serviced? The quick answer is regularly, but keep reading on to find out why your ducted heating system requires regular servicing!
Unfortunately, one of the things we rely on in our homes and businesses is also one of the most neglected of all. When your ducted heating is under the most strain, when you need it most, that’s when the lack of professional servicing will prove fatal. There is nothing worse than sitting around on a freezing winter’s night while your ducted heating system does nothing. To avoid expensive replacement and technician visits, it’s important that you have your ducted heating system serviced on a regular basis.
Ducted heating systems can be a great way to keep your house or business warm over winter and cool over summer, but theres no use having it if it isn’t working. A ducted heating system allows you to maintain an even temperature throughout your home, and even allow you to selectively heat or cool certain rooms. A ducted heating system is a large investment, so it’s important that you understand how often you should get your ducted heating serviced. If you want your ducted heating system to last for years and remain efficient, then it’s important that you have your ducted heating system serviced by professionals.
Some of the issues which you could face if you don’t get your ducted heating system serviced regularly are:
- Contamination of the air being circulated around your home or business.
- An increase in the energy use of your ducted heating system.
- An inability for the ducted heating system to cool or heat your home effectively.
- Breakdown of the ducted heating system which could result in costly repairs, replacement parts, or even a new system.
You should get a long lifespan out of your ducted heating system, but without adequate servicing, you can seriously shorten this lifespan. Ducted heating and cooling systems are expensive, and through lack of service by a professional you could end up having to pay for a new unit much sooner than expected. It’s important to bring in a professional service technician at least once every six months.
- A professional ducted heating technician will be able to determine several things during regular servicing of your ducted system:
- They will be able to identify if there are any parts which require replacement to prevent serious breakdowns in the unit.
- If any of the filters require cleaning or replacing.
- If any parts of the ducted heating system will require monitoring or if any are close to breaking down and requiring replacement.
It’s important that when you’re thinking of getting your ducted heating system services, you only deal with respected and reputable companies which specialize in heating system servicing. Having your system serviced at least once per year is the ideal amount of time recommended by professionals. If you have any questions about your ducted heating system servicing requirements, don’t hesitate to ask the professional team at John’s Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.